Losing hair is a widespread problem among men and women. Those who regret it have tried using several types of medicines and treatments to gain their hair back. But mostly, they don’t know there’s this effective home remedy that works and is cheaper than all those treatments and medicines. Yes, we are talking about castor oil, and in this article, we will talk about the best organic castor oil for hair growth and what it does.
Hair is considered a part of how a person’s appearance is. When people start losing their hair, the first thing that hits them is what others will think. Because they believe it makes them look worse than usual. That’s why people take desperate measures, which lead to more damage.
So, it’s better to rely on something that can provide you with satisfactory results. And you won’t even have to spend 1/10th the money you were about to spend on medicines and other treatments. That something is the best organic castor oil for hair growth.
Before jumping into what it does and where you can find it, let’s figure out what’s your reason to lose hair.
Why people suffer from hair loss?
If you think hair loss happens only when it’s in your gene, then you know nothing. You can lose hair for many reasons. Before jumping into precisely what you have to do to prevent yourself from losing hair, you have to identify your reasoning behind the hair loss. Let’s start with the type of hair loss you can have.
Different types of hair loss
There are many types of hair loss. We will steer clear from the kind of hair loss that happens due to radiation or chemotherapy. We will only talk about the ones that are random and common.
- Thinning in the top part of the head
- Circular bald spots
- Losing cluster of hair on different parts of the scalp
- Sudden loosening
- Overall thinning of hair
These are the types of hair losses that one can suffer from. Now that you know all of the suspected types of hair losses you can face, it’s time to understand what the best organic castor oil for hair growth can do about it.
Significance of Organic Castor Oil For Hair Loss
According to the research of Kaufman KD and Olsen EA of Merck Research Laboratories, USA castor oil contains such components that can slow the process of hair loss by a lot.
Under the same research, they did clinical moderation of hair growth in men for two years. The results afterward were satisfactory. It was clinically proven that hair lost through almost every other cause but genetic, can grow back through regular usage of pure organic castor oil for hair.
So, if you can get your hands on the best organic Castor Oil for hair growth, you can expect to get your hair back. Let’s go through the key features and effects of organic castor oil for hair loss.
Castor Oil (Key Features)
Why choose Castor Oil (effects and solution)
Increases shine and health of hair
According to the famous Dermatologist Dr. Deepali Bhardwaj, Castor Oil contains ricinoleic acid and Omega-3 fatty acids. These two components help to increase blood circulation if applied to the scalp. Thus, hair becomes healthy and remains shiny.
Prevents Hair fall
The primary components of Castor oil help to stimulate dormant follicles to ensure hair growth. Thus, when hair starts growing back, natural hair fall normalizes.
Removes dryness of the scalp
Castor oil is very thick. When applied to the scalp, the cold oil keeps the scalp as moisturized as possible. This lessens the amount of dandruff and keeps the roots healthy.
Recovers hair damage and reduces split ends
The research was done to find out how castor oil reacts to hair if mixed with other oils. It turns out it helped to reduce the split ends of hair, and the damaged hairs started to recover very quickly.
Components of the best organic castor oil for hair growth
Castor oil is procured from the seed of castor. It’s a thick yellow substance that is rich in a variety of components. These components are significantly suitable for our health. Let’s find out what these components are-
- Castor oil has vitamin E and fatty acids. Thus, when mixed with other oil carriers, this oil strengthens the roots of the hair and improves the blood flow of the scalp.
- Ricinoleic acid is the main component of castor oil. This helps to reduce the inflammation of the scalp. Inflammation causes the hair roots to lose strength, and this causes hair to fall. Regular use of castor oil can reduce this.
- Antifungal and antibacterial chattels of the components of castor oil prevent scalp infections.
- Arachidonic acid, in easy words Omega-6 fatty acid, is of the highest amount in castor oil compared to other oils. It directly works to increase the growing ability of the dermal papilla cells. This growth factor increases hair growth.
- Castor oil has antioxidants that help to protect hair from external environmental fatigue.
If you look closely and compare the benefits of other oils with castor oil side by side for hair growth, it’s visible that no other oil can do it better than organic castor oil.
How to use organic castor oil for hair growth?
Organic castor oil is a natural oil that is often used for hair growth and to improve the overall health of the hair and scalp. To use it for hair growth, you can follow these steps:
First, make sure that you are using a high-quality, organic castor oil. This is important because lower-quality oils may contain additives and chemicals that can be harmful to your hair and scalp.
Before applying the oil to your hair, you should heat it up slightly. This will help the oil to penetrate the hair shaft more effectively and promote hair growth. You can do this by placing the oil in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes, or by using a hair dryer to warm it up.
Once the oil is warm, apply it to your scalp and hair. You can use your fingers to massage it into the scalp, or you can use a brush or comb to distribute it evenly.
After applying the oil, cover your hair with a shower cap or plastic wrap and leave it on for at least 30 minutes. This will allow the oil to penetrate the hair and scalp and work its magic.
After the oil has had time to work, rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water. You can then shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
It is best to use organic castor oil for hair growth at least once a week for best results. Over time, you should notice that your hair is growing faster and is more healthy and lustrous.
Castor oil to fight hair loss
Fighting hair loss is one of the main attributes of castor oil. Here’s one direct method of using castor oil for fighting hair loss. To apply this method, all you need is half a cup of castor oil. That’s the maximum amount. If your hair isn’t long enough, you won’t need even half of it. Follow the steps below accordingly-
- First, apply some water to make your hair damp. This way, you get a better result. Now, take some castor oil; take as little as possible. Do not apply more than necessary because castor oil is very thick and heavy oil. If you use more than necessary, it will take a lot of time for you to wash them off.
- Now, apply the oil all over your hair, starting from the root to the ends. Or, in easy words, use just like you would spread any other type of hair oil. Keep it on your hair for 15-20 minutes. Or if you want, you can keep it overnight.
- After keeping it for a particular time, it’s time to wash the oil off. Remember, castor oil is very thick and has an awful odor. So, you might have to wash your hair several times. You can use a conditioner and keep it on for 30 minutes for a better wash.
- After your hair is immaculate from castor oil, you will see that there’s sure moisture. Refrain from drying with any heating device, i.e., hairdryer. To see perfect results, do this twice or three times a week.
Castor oil for hair regrowth
Castor oil has its benefits. But it has certain features that help other types of hair oils to work better. So, for hair regrowth, there’s a way you can get a better result by adding different kinds of oils together. In this method, we are talking about four different oils together. Let’s check the amount-
- 1 Tsp castor oil
- 2 Tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 Tsp sweet almond oil
- 2 Tsp sesame oil
Add all of this together, and now get ready to apply.
- Mix all four of these oils in the amount mentioned earlier, and apply on your scalp, roots to the hair's tips. If you run out of the mixture, you should make the mixture again with the same ratio.
- Now keep the oil in your hair for 60 minutes. If you have to go out within that time, please cover your hair for protection from dirt. We advise you to stay at home.
- Now shampoo the oils off. You can apply this at least once a week to see quick results.
Castor oil + Almond Oil mixture
Almond oil is another oil that has many health benefits. Almond is an evident source of protein. If mixed with the best organic Castor oil for hair growth, it’ll indeed work better on anyone’s hair. Let’s see what you need-
- 2 Tsp of Castor oil
- 2 Tsp of Almond oil
That’s all you need. The way you will apply it is-
- Mix the oils properly and then put it on the flame for a few seconds to let it thin. Or you can keep the mixture under the stove for a few minutes.
- Then apply it to the scalp and hair and massage for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with lukewarm water.
Almond oil works to increase the growth of hair. When mixed with castor oil, it gets a confidence boost, and the results and fascinating. This is the doctor's recommended method. Feel free to do this twice a week until you see a substantial change in hair growth.
DIY Castor oil hair masks
These two of the direct usages. There are lots of other ways you can apply castor oil to your hair to get better results. The most effective way is to use DIY masks for your hair.
The fundamental component of that mask is castor oil, but if it’s mixed with other types of oils and applied adequately to make the best use of the natural benefits that come with it.
Castor oil + Olive oil mixture
Castor oil and olive oil are the best of the oils there is. Because these oils are a bit expensive than others, these are not your regularly used oils for hair. But they have significant hair growing attributes that will surely help your hair be better in no time. To make this mixture, you need-
- 1-2 Tsp castor oil
- 1-2 Tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Five hibiscus petals
Now that you have all you need, let’s find out how to apply.
- First, mix both of them oils together in a cup and add hibiscus petals to it.
- Heat the mixture for a short time to become lukewarm and a bit thin, and then apply.
- Massage it only to the scalp for 15-20 minutes and now, take a steamed towel and wrap around your hair.
- Leave the towel for at least an hour.
- Now, wash your hair with shampoo and lukewarm water. You are right to do this once a week to see an excellent result.
Castor oil + Coconut oil mixture
Coconut oil is our regularly used oil for hair. Coconut oil has all the necessary components that can keep regular hair healthy. But when mixed with castor oil, it can help to regenerate lost hair. Let’s see what you need-
- 2 Tsp of liquid coconut oil
- 2 Tsp of Castor oil
Follow the steps precisely because this is a prescribed treatment.
- First, if you think your hair isn’t clean, shampoo it and dry it using a very dry towel. You can use a hairdryer if you want to.
- Mix the two oils and gently apply to your scalp
- Massage for 5-10 minutes
- Now put on a shower cap and leave it there for at least two hours. If you want to sleep on it, you can.
- Now, take off the shower cap and wash your hair properly with shampoo. Follow this procedure for three months, and do this twice a week. Within that time, you’ll surely see some radical changes in your hair.
Castor Oil + Aloe Vera gel
If we call aloe vera a magical element, we won’t be wrong because this wild plant that grows literally out of nowhere has many health benefits. You must have come across aloe vera shampoos, facewashes, aloe vera drink, gel, paste, etc. Now, it’s time to add it with castor oil and make the best use of both.
- 2 Tsp of pure organic castor oil
- Half cup of aloe vera gel, best if made at home with pure aloe vera.
- 2 Tsp fenugreek power
- 1 Tsp basil powder
Now add all that together in the blender to make a thick paste. Let’s find out what to do with this paste.
- Apply the paste on your hair, ensure that every strand of hair is covered
- Now cover your head with a shower cap and leave it for 3-4 hours
- To wash it off, use your everyday shampoo and gently rinse it off.
The significant results are reduction of hair loss, recovery of dry scalp, and lessening dandruff problems.
How many times can you apply Castor Oil in a week?
Castor oil is not your daily oil. Some doctors recommend patients to apply hair oil at least 4-5 times a week if their hair is not as healthy as it should be. But you cannot use castor oil that frequently.
It’s very thick. It affects the hair because it moisturizes and lets the components sync in with the scalp and roots of hairs. You can apply it twice a week directly and thrice a week if mixed with other oils.
Doctors directly forbid to use castor oil too often because the thickness and the too much richness of property can damage the hair even more. Also, some people have allergy issues, which can be induced by over-dosage.
If you think you might have allergies to castor oil, kindly find a thick spot on your skin, i.e., elbow or kneecap, rub some castor oil and see how it reacts with your skin over time. If there are no issues, feel free to use and apply to your hair.
Why do you need the best organic castor oil for hair growth?
Is there any difference if you buy any random castor oil instead of buying the best available one in the market? The answer is yes. Different types of castor oil originate from other castor beans.
Not all castor oils have the same health benefits. Due to the change in the raw material, there are changes in the fundamental components as well. For example, the place where castor seeds are thought to be of the best quality will produce the best pure organic castor oil for hair loss. That’s why to be sure to buy castor oils made using the best castor seeds there is. Because we didn’t add random information from the internet, no sir. The above-added information is based on research and regular uses done using the best organic castor oil for hair growth. So, to expect the best result with time, get your hands on pure organic castor oil for hair.
Where can you find the best organic castor oil for hair growth?
You cannot waltz yourself into any store or any website and buy absolutely any castor oil and expect to get the best result there is after applying it to your hair. We don’t do that here. To get the best results, you have to buy the best castor oil there is, and we know exactly where you can find it.
After performing extensively long research and going through thousands of reviews, we found Natural Riches Thick Hair Organic Castor Oil, one of the best castor oils to ensure hair regeneration. But why is this one the best one there is? Let’s go through its features to find out more. The first thing about this castor oil is that it is cold-pressed using 100% Organic Castor seeds produced in USDA approved organic castor seed farms.
Secondly, if you don’t believe the things I say only, try to go through the reviews on the website or on other independent platforms where reviewers have only said 100% positive things about it. But we will list some pros on cons for you to understand better.
- Ensures rapid regeneration of hair
- Reduces the amount of hair loss significantly
- Can be used in many different ways
- Doctors recommend this as a recipe for additional castor oil-based DIY hair treatments
- Increases the shine of hair
- Reduces dandruff problems
- Moisturizes the hair
- Contains such elements that help hair to re-grow faster
- Pregnant women and people with severe skin issues should consult a doctor before using this
- Shows reaction to allergy
- Is not approved by the FDA because of not being a direct drug, but safe to use
FAQ: best organic castor oil for hair growth
Question 1. How long does castor oil take to work?
Answer: Unlike other treatments, the results of applying castor oil can be seen very shortly. You can apply castor oil using any proper methods and expect to see results in less than five to six hours.
Question 2. Can too much castor oil damage hair?
Answer: Too much of anything is wrong. Even if the components are suitable, too much of using castor oil can be bad for your hair. Castor oil is thick and sticky. It can alter the type of your hair and cause damage due to the regular usage of other products. So, be very careful while using castor oil because it can damage your hair.
Question 3. Does castor oil thicken hair?
Answer: Castor oil helps to increase the blood flow on the scalp. Blood flow can ensure better health of your hair. Thus, it may or may not thicken the hair but can undoubtedly better the hair’s condition.
Hair loss is a widespread issue among people. At some point in life, everyone might face this. Most of us who have better hair can recover without using anything. But for those who don’t have the luxury of fair hair have to improvise. According to us, the best improvising they can do is get themselves the best organic castor oil for hair growth there is. It will reduce hair fall and ensure hair regeneration, which will cover for the hair loss with time.
Thanks for staying with us till the end of this article. If you have any questions to ask about the product or have used castor oil to regain the hair, please let us know by leaving a comment. We will surely come back to you with the best possible answers.